giovedì 6 febbraio 2014

Camogli: the pearl of the Ligurian Riviera

 Hello, my friends! Welcome to My Own Italy to discover Italy  with my personal touch!
Our travel today is to Liguria.
Let's go for a walk that I do consider one of the best I've ever made: we start from Recco to get to Camogli, the pearl of the Ligurian Riviera



Once you are in Recco, in the province of  Genoa, I suggest you to park your car and star your walk along the sea.
 The beach here is of tiny colored stones: they all gives the inlet a very special light.




You can't miss a break to eat the famous cheese focaccia warm and freshly baked!




Now, you can continue walking along the beautiful promenade that runs alongside the road, leading directly to the bay of Camogli.
The center of Camogli occupies the valley to the west of Portofino.


 Camogli is built along the slopes of a relief almost to the sea.
 This aspect has the orographic effect of ensuring a temperate climate, typical of some parts of the east of Genoa, failing the cold winds coming from the Po Valley to the coast.
 Also for this Camogli is so appreciated by tourists!


 Many beautiful trails depart from Camogli for excursions. In an hour's walk, passing through the village of San Rocco di Camogli, you can reach the summit of Mount Portofino to enjoy the beautiful view of the Gulf of Genoa.
 Also from San Rocco, you can go to Porto Pidocchio, charming little harbor at Punta Chiappa, popular destination for tourists throughout the year.

Leisure me: this is my tourism!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento